Individualised Living Options (ILO)
ILO is a package of supports that lets you choose where and how you live in the way that best suits you. ILO funding does not pay for a house but it does support you to:
- explore housing options and different ways of living - like with friends, or family or a host home in your community
- design a support package to help you live the way you want
The whole idea of ILO is that you live the way that suits you with enough funding to meet your specific needs. The NDIS considers your preferences, your strengths, the supports you need, and your informal and community networks.
The NDIS have created a great resource explaining what ILO is and whether it might be a suitable option for you, check it out by pressing this link.
You can find even more information about ILO on the NDIS website by following this link.
How can Croften Care help to explore ILO?
If you have Support Coordination with Croften Care, your support coordinator can help you through this process. They can gather enough evidence - like the Home and Living Support Form and other supporting documents and submit on your behalf to your NDIS planner.
If you do not have Support Coordination with Croften Care we can still help you using your Core Supports to:
- explore your vision
- gain an understanding of your strengths
- identify strategies to help you choose where to live, who to live with, and how much support to include
- find out what is possible and assess any risks in living the way you choose - this might mean exploring alternative options
- design and make decisions with you to submit to the NDIS for review
Can Croften Care Support provide the ILO supports?
Croften Care will provide support to you if you are successful in gaining a package of Care under the "Individualised Living Options" support model AND you choose to have that service with us.
If you want Croften Care to support you to access ILO and then want to choose a different provider for services that is ABSOLUTLY FINE! We will help you to engage a new provider and ensure their is complete handover of information.
We're Here to Help You
Whether you are new to the NDIS or your situation has changed and you need extra support, it might be helpful to chat to one of our friendly team. There is no problem too difficult for us to help you with. Please contact us by calling the number below or filling out a registration form by selecting the button below.